Power Rankings: Week Seven
- By Bedouin, Day 49, 2020
1. Seattle Thunder (17-7, + 2.1) (Last Week #3, + 2)
The Thunder go 2-0 against the Fireballs and Mustangs to take the 1st seed in the NS and the top spot in the power rankings.
2. Nashville Stars (16-7, + 5.3) (Last Week #1, - 1)
The Stars took care of the Vultures as expected but losses to the Tritons and Rockets cost them top spot.
3. Las Vegas Scorpions (15-7, + 9.2) (Last Week #2, - 1)
Went 2-2 for the week but will be disappointed with their close losses to the Kings and Warriors.
4. Kansas City Knights (15-7, + 1.8) (Last Week #5, + 1)
Went 4-0 this week with a significant victory over the Renegades who they will be fighting for playoff seeding come end of year.
5. Chicago Jailbirds (15-8, + 0.6) (Last Week #4, - 1)
Went 3-1 with a solid win over the Tritons the highlight. Their only loss was to the Cyclones, who have a tendency to go off from time to time.
6. New York Renegades (13-9, + 4.0) (Last Week #6, NO CHANGE)
Split their games this week with a good win over the Rockets but a significant loss to the Knights. It still doesn’t feel like they’ve gotten out of second gear.
7. New Orleans Hurricanes (14-12, - 0.6) (Last Week #9, + 2)
Started the week with a fantastic win over the Rockets but were disappointing at home against the Tritons.
8. Oakland Tritons (14-13 + 2.4) (Last Week #7, - 1)
Went 3-2 and showed off their inconsistency spectacularly with a win against the Stars and a loss to the Huskies.
9. Los Angeles Fireballs (13-12, - 0.1) (Last Week #10, + 1)
2-2 this week. Pushed the Thunder hard but will be disappointed to have lost in OT to the Vultures. LaCruz has noticeably lifted in the last few weeks.
10. Austin Rockets (13-13, + 2.4) (Last Week #11, + 1)
Only went 2-2 but beat the Stars comfortably in a show of what they can do at their best.
11. St. Louis Skyhawks (12-12, - 1.6) (Last Week #8, - 3)
Went 1-3 but the loss against the Devils was ugly. #FreeHunter
12. Atlanta Devils (12-15, - 0.3) (Last Week #17, + 5)
Started the week with a disappointing loss to the suddenly feisty Warriors. Ended it with a dominant showing against the Skyhawks in their best game of the year.
13. Cincinnati Kings (11-13, - 2.5) (Last Week #12, - 1)
Only 2-2 for the week but the win over the Scorpions shows the team has made real tangible gains over the past few weeks. All three rookies are continuing to contribute well.
14. Detroit Mustangs (9-11, + 0.7) (Last Week #13, - 1)
Went 1-2 but saw some promising performances from the newly arrived Ricky Douglas.
15. Phoenix Vultures (11-14, 0.0) (Last Week #14, - 1)
Went 2-3. Seem to have found their cruising altitude.
16. Miami Cyclones (10-14, - 0.9) (Last Week #15, - 1)
Only went 1-2 this week but the win over the Jailbirds was a big one. Barclay seems to have settled in quickly and was great against the Jailbirds.
17. Philadelphia Warriors (9-17, - 4.0) (Last Week #19, + 2)
Went undefeated this week and are now on a 3-game streak. The win against the Scorpions was truly impressive.
18. Houston Lightning (8-16, - 5.6) (Last Week #16, - 2)
Lost all 4 games this week and are now on a 5 game streak. They’re playing a very deep rotation and investing lots of time into players who are unlikely to be wearing their colours next year.
19. Mexico City Jaguars (7-16, - 6.0) (Last Week #18, - 1)
Lost to both the Devils and Knights. Neither is particularly unexpected but with only 1 win in their last 11 games things are looking a bit bleak at the moment.
20. Toronto Huskies (6-17, - 5.8) (Last Week #20, NO CHANGE)
Broke their 6-game losing streak with a strong win over the Tritons but fell back to earth with losses to the Mustangs and Skyhawks. Rapidly increasing their chances of a 3rd consecutive Top 3 draft pick.