Drones Dime (Vol 1.6.5)
- By David Gonzalez, Day 137, 2023
2023 Season, Day 137
Overall Record: 31-34 (Home: 23-12 & Away: 8-22)
Longest Streak: W7 & L7
SE Div: 3rd place (4.0 GB)
JBL Power Rank: 18 (Prev: 21)
Games Since Last Update:
Record: 8-5 (Home: 7-2 & Away: 1-3)
Longest Streak: W3
- Our reporting staff took the ASG off in protest to Rush’s snub of not making the East team and for RW II’s role as a backup in the Futures game. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused for those that may follow the Drones.
- We made a move to trade Jordan Carstensen at the break to Austin in return for an expiring contract in Ashanti Brooks. Fans are curious as it seems Charlotte GM, David Gonzalez, may have overlooked the salary cap penalties which are enacted at the conclusion of the season vs. the start…
- During this stretch of games, we finalized the season sweep over Portland with a 103-102 victory at home on Day 111. Most recently we defeated the Cyclones at home 110-97 on Day 134. This game was tied at 90-90 at the 6 minute mark.
- On the flip side, we lost twice against the Bullets in games that were never very close and we finally dropped a game against the loathsome Devils on Day 115.
- Since the break, Rush is averaging 31 points per game including 3 double-doubles.
- On Day 131, PG Isaiah Leonard notched is second triple-double on the season and of his career against the Predators in a 110-94 vicgtory.
- Looking ahead, in order for the Drones to have any shot at the #8 seed we will need to win 3 of the next 4 road games (Colonels, Lightning, Stars & Cyclones) as the final 13 games on the schedule have us facing off against the caliber of teams we don’t fair to well against.