The Drones Dime (Vol 1.2)
- By David Gonzalez, Day 45, 2023
2023 Season, Day 45
Overall Record: 10-11 (Home: 7-4 & Away: 3-7)
Longest Streak: L6
SE Div: 3rd place (6.5 GB)
JBL Power Rank: 19 (Prev:23)
Games Since Last Update:
Record: 7-4 (Home: 5-1 & Away: 2-3)
Longest Streak: W3
- The season restarted for the Drones with the return of Khalen Anthony to the lineup allowing for Sutton to go the backup role he was brought in for. Anthony has cemented himself as our #2 scoring option at 15.8 ppg.
- Nobody has flourished more with the return of Anthony than Isaiah Leonard who has averaged 10.0 assists per game, has reached 4 double-doubles and scored 20+ on three occasions in the 11 games since.
- SF Lucas Rush had to adapt his game a bit as his production saw a brief drop off; however, Anthony and him seem to be on the same page now in terms of offensive flow and Rush is now #7 in the JBL at 26.0 ppg on 52% shooting from the floor
- Rookie PF Trent Buchanan went down with a back strain during our game on Day 33 vs. the Warriors. While this will keep him off the floor for 4 weeks, it has allowed for Lawrence Okonkwo a chance to shine. Okonkwo scored a triple-double in his first start and two additional double-doubles in just 6 games. With Okonkwo in at PF, the Drones now have a lineup that is +53 together in 140 minutes.
- Speaking of starting five, RWII replaced Carst at the SG spot on Day 25 as Carst was just not getting it done on the defensive side of the ball which is what we expected but maybe not to the extent which we were seeing. RWII just posted his first career double-double against the Devils with 12 points and 12 assists.
Looking Ahead: 8 of our next 10 are at home and we also get to test our mettle against some Western Conference foes.
- We now have a (+) point differential on the season and currently sit at #8 in the Eastern Conference playoff race.
- Our ability to force turnovers and block shots both rank in the bottom 3rd of the JBL
- Our free throw rate ranks dead last at 16.9%